Students wishing to go in-depth in a specific KM topic, can now do
so with the new Certified Knowledge Specialist program.
The CKS combines the core of the acclaimed CKM plus a deep dive into a specialty area, such as Taxonomy, Knowledge Capture Methods, Information Architecture, Innovation, Change Management, and more added soon.
Who Should Attend the CKS Program?
The Certified Knowledge Specialist is designed to meet the needs of:
- New KMI students looking for a solid foundation in KM principles plus a "deep dive" into a special topic
- Past KMI Grads holding either the CKP™ or CKM designation who would also like to explore a specialty topic
Course Topics Currently Available (click for full descriptions):
CKS - Social KM (online soon!)
New! CKS - Knowledge Transfer Process
New! CKS - Digital Transformation
(Detailed course descriptions and pricing explained on each page)
How to Earn your Certification
- Complete the KM401 - Foundation and Essentials Program* (2-day face-to-face or online). KM401 is the core of the acclaimed Certified Knowledge Manager (CKM), and the foundation for all KMI Certification students.
- Attend the Two-day Specialty Class - featuring an immersive experience in the topic of your choice - also known as the "Master Class."
- Complete the two-part Online Post-Class Exam - done entirely online, so you do not have to travel to a testing site. There are no additional fees, and your Certificate is ready to print immediately after you pass. A score of 70% on each part is necessary to pass, and you may retake each test as many times as necessary to pass. Testing is part of your Certification package and there are no additional fees.
*Already a CKP™ or CKM grad from the KM Institute? Just enroll in the Master Class plus online exam for your Specialty area of choice to achieve the CKS designation. Pricing and course descriptions available on the Events page.
Further Enrichment: The KMI Knowledge Hub
Your KM learning doesn't stop when you achieve Certification. As an added bonus, all
Certification students receive a free membership in the KMI Knowledge Hub, designed
as your "go to" location for:
- Continuous Learning – via "Hot Topics" Training Videos - presentations by subject matter experts on
specialty areas relevant to KM practitioners
- New Content – leverage new content and enhancements to the Certification program
- Future Course enhancements - our Hub members will be the first to know when new/premium offerings
Click Here for Current Training Calendar, Locations and Rates
Group or Private class?
Let us come to you! With a minimum size class of 10 students (North America) and 12 students internationally, KMI can deliver a private CKS class at your location or nearby hotel.
- We come to you!
- Save on travel
- The Team learns together
- Focus on your team's hot-button issues
- Low cost per student
Please contact KMI for special rates/availability. Please allow at least 30 days to coordinate/schedule.
Contact us or Call (US) 866-360-IKMI (4564)